take 2 aspirin and...
Dear Ms. X,
Thank you for your recent email in which you mentioned that you maintain a relationship with someone who is utilizing a destructive means of communication. To quote your email:
"he tells me i will not do any better."
Studies show that greater than 96% of the adult population communicate in a way that is either destructive to their own or someone else's self esteem.
It is likely the individual with which you share your time is suffering from severe insecurity. In order to ease his discomfort he likely makes comments which he has discovered allow him to excercise a certain level of power over you.
Having known you for sometime I would suggest that maintaining a positive self image when in communication with this type of person could be very challenging to yourself, specifically considering the level of negative internal dialogue you have previously divulged you subject yourself too.
I would suggest careful monitoring of your communcation with this person - try to identify comments to which you react and notice whether the communication is supportive or destructive to your or his self esteem.
I hestiate to suggest any actions beyond my words here as it is best that you make choices that best suit yourself, depending upon the results of your investigation.
Should you be interested in my professional opinion, I would place the gentleman amongst that elite group of "Friends who should be bludgeoned with a pipe wrench" and dump the chump.
Best regards,
Doctor Y
PS. I shall expect your payment for my services tomorrow.
Kissy Kissy
Thank you for your recent email in which you mentioned that you maintain a relationship with someone who is utilizing a destructive means of communication. To quote your email:
"he tells me i will not do any better."
Studies show that greater than 96% of the adult population communicate in a way that is either destructive to their own or someone else's self esteem.
It is likely the individual with which you share your time is suffering from severe insecurity. In order to ease his discomfort he likely makes comments which he has discovered allow him to excercise a certain level of power over you.
Having known you for sometime I would suggest that maintaining a positive self image when in communication with this type of person could be very challenging to yourself, specifically considering the level of negative internal dialogue you have previously divulged you subject yourself too.
I would suggest careful monitoring of your communcation with this person - try to identify comments to which you react and notice whether the communication is supportive or destructive to your or his self esteem.
I hestiate to suggest any actions beyond my words here as it is best that you make choices that best suit yourself, depending upon the results of your investigation.
Should you be interested in my professional opinion, I would place the gentleman amongst that elite group of "Friends who should be bludgeoned with a pipe wrench" and dump the chump.
Best regards,
Doctor Y
PS. I shall expect your payment for my services tomorrow.
Kissy Kissy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home