how nice for me
oh, how nice for me, look at the rejection letter i just received while working away like a slaving dog at the computer trying to finish the dryest of contracts. isn't life rosy?
ha! i laugh. the letter is the result of a poorly thought out and drunken inquiry, yes, on the part of yours truly. not that i'm saying Franz wasn't crushworthy and all. but i just have to laugh at myself sometimes. what else can one do? nice guy though. i appreciate the candidness...
REJECTION LETTER OF SHAME:
Hi Karenina:
By the way, Tomas mentioned vaguely that you were inquiring about me one day,
and I thought I should write you since I seem to run into you a lot lately.
Although flattered of course, I did want to come out and be honest in saying
that, having known you originally as Tomas' girlfriend, I don't think I can
really cross that bridge (even though I know you and Tomas are both way
beyond that). But still for me it would just be too strange to consider
given my very close relationship and friendship with Tomas. I guess maybe
I'm old fashioned, but I hope you understand.
I only bring it up because I've been led on enough in my life and often have
spent too long wondering what someone was thinking of me. I find it
exhausting always having the mind spinning about someone who may or may not
be on the same page, so I just wanted to let you know where I was at.
Anyway, hope you're well and I will see you around as always.
Franz
NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INDENTITIES OF THOSE INVOLVED...
RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: i do not enjoy rejection.
ha! i laugh. the letter is the result of a poorly thought out and drunken inquiry, yes, on the part of yours truly. not that i'm saying Franz wasn't crushworthy and all. but i just have to laugh at myself sometimes. what else can one do? nice guy though. i appreciate the candidness...
REJECTION LETTER OF SHAME:
Hi Karenina:
By the way, Tomas mentioned vaguely that you were inquiring about me one day,
and I thought I should write you since I seem to run into you a lot lately.
Although flattered of course, I did want to come out and be honest in saying
that, having known you originally as Tomas' girlfriend, I don't think I can
really cross that bridge (even though I know you and Tomas are both way
beyond that). But still for me it would just be too strange to consider
given my very close relationship and friendship with Tomas. I guess maybe
I'm old fashioned, but I hope you understand.
I only bring it up because I've been led on enough in my life and often have
spent too long wondering what someone was thinking of me. I find it
exhausting always having the mind spinning about someone who may or may not
be on the same page, so I just wanted to let you know where I was at.
Anyway, hope you're well and I will see you around as always.
Franz
NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INDENTITIES OF THOSE INVOLVED...
RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: i do not enjoy rejection.

7 Comments:
At 6:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hmm, sounds like a more sophisticated version of the kind of 'friends before pussy' sort of locker room talk in which we men invariably engage. But I'd say it sounds a bit dubious, because even if you like to let people know how you stand, wouldn't you wait for some sort of indication 'from the horse's mouth'? Why would you feel the need to be so pro-active? My guess: Tomas told this guy about your drunken enquiry, the guy asked if you were on the up&up, at which point the ex began talking trash, thus inducing a pre-emptive rejection letter.
Just a guess.
At 12:48 PM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
my, what a positive spin. i prefer to think that franz is just an overly nice guy...
At 7:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
algeria touchshriek? The lad insane really is a leper messiah. David, is that you?
Special K...back to the drawing board, huh? Sometimes work really is the best thing, isn't it?
At 9:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
M-Yes it's me, albeit with a typo previously. I�'m thinking of leasing the room above my shop to a Mr. Walloff Domburg, a reject from the world wide internet. He'�s a broken man; I'�m also a broken man. It would be nice to have company; we could have great conversations, looking through windows for demons.
K-Nicity notwithstanding, agendas are like perspectives are like assholes: we've all got one. But that doesn't make him or anybody any less or more nice.
But he sounds a bit drama queenish to me anyway. And who needs that?
At 10:00 PM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
oh look, the only 2 people that read my blog have made friends. it's a whole week of nice. :)
At 1:55 AM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
oh, and dear algeria touchshriek,
am i wrong, or are you a bit of a writer? why don't you submit me some sort of pondering on identity, a film, cd or book review, or something, for my little magazine? perhaps you would enrich us...
writing_submissions@hotmail.com
At 12:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Karenina, Well I used to dabble in writing but I stopped myself because I decided it was important for me to know something before I tried to thrust my ideas on the world. If you want something on identity, I could submit to you a copy of a short paper I'm writing on situations in which co-referential names (e.g., Cicero and Tully, Hesperus and Phosphorus, etc.) are used by people who may or may not know that the names refer to the same person. That's loosely related to the idea of identity. It's also terrifically boring if you're not interested in semantics. If that doesn't interest you, I'll have to hold off until after the semester ends to think about diverting my attention.
But if you want a music review, here's one:
Daft Punk: "Human After All". Daft Punk make house music like the greatest lover you've ever had fucks. The first time the two of you are in bed, you think you've found your soul-mate. The second time, your mind is thoroughly blown as the previous perfection is improved upon. However, unfortunately during the third session, your lover gives you a few fleeting moments of bliss before punching you in the genitals and poking your left eye.
Post a Comment
<< Home