your favorite?
hi. just a quick note to say thanks to everyone who has been reading.
i was wondering, what is everyone's favorite book?
i just finished "like being killed," ellen miller. it was recommended by a friend. very dark and strange, but ultimately, entertaining.
i need to be saved from reading doctor zhivago again. someone please recommend something!
RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: i have an extremely good sense of smell. which i love.
i was wondering, what is everyone's favorite book?
i just finished "like being killed," ellen miller. it was recommended by a friend. very dark and strange, but ultimately, entertaining.
i need to be saved from reading doctor zhivago again. someone please recommend something!
RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: i have an extremely good sense of smell. which i love.

16 Comments:
At 3:07 PM,
Anonymous said…
The Coma by Alex Garland
The Final Solution by Michael Chabon
Drop City by TC Boyle
Wind Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
The Chrysanthemum Palace by Bruce Wagner
currently reading: Dumped, a collection of short stories and excerpts about being dumped edited by Delores Max
At 7:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
'Ulysses' by Joyce
'Naming & Necessity' by Kripke
'Tractatus' by Wittgenstein
Currently waiting for Scientific American to send me a three-pack of books on String Theory. I expect this list to be revised in the near future.
At 9:23 PM,
Anonymous said…
A Confederacy of Dunces-Toole
Unbearable Lightness of Being-Kundera
Little Prince-Saint-Exupéry
Letters To A Young Poet-Rilke
At 6:18 AM,
Anonymous said…
'Ulysses'
This is THE classic
'All Quiet on the Western Front'
Made me cry
'Algernon, Charlie and I'
This one made me cry too, and reminded me of when I read 'Flowers for Algernon' years and years and years ago
Any of the 'Sandman' graphic "novels"
At 8:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Henderson the Rain King by Saul Bellow. It's the cat's pj's
At 11:21 AM,
Anonymous said…
breakfast of champions - kurt vonnegut
his dark materials trilogy - phillip pullman
the first 30 or so issues of shade the changing man - peter milligan
At 3:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
'Interpreter of Maladies' by Jhumpa Lahiri
'Bonjour Tristesse' by Francoise Sagan
Two to truncate your summer by the sea.
Bonjour Tristesse has the movie to accompany it which I'm certain you would soon ad to your favorites list...do I sense someone itching to make a bet?
At 6:57 PM,
Anonymous said…
how about something a little different?
onw of my all time faves: Domesticity: A Gastronomic Interpretation of Love
it's a delight...
At 5:02 PM,
Anonymous said…
the Odyssey, translated by Fitzgerald
Lulu in Hollywood by Louise Brooks
Louise Brooks by Barry Paris
Picadilly Jim by P.G. Woodehouse
Vanity Fair by Thackeray
The Count of Monte Cristo by Dumas
Topper by Thorne Smith
In Youth is Pleasure by Denton Welch
100% by Paul Pope
At 1:59 AM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
oh, oily pete. i just noticed you came back. good. i hope you forgive me. :)
hey, wait. that's 2 louise brookes references in one entry. don't tell me i was a total bitch to a friend? i'm going to get to the bottom of this...
At 6:18 PM,
Anonymous said…
That's ok, 'Karenina'- I never left.
Truth be told, I was a little snarky (but sincere!) in my "ya" query.
That said, I doubt that we have met.
At 2:04 PM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
"oily pete," why did you choose the name "oily pete"?
At 4:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
Oh, Oily Pete is a nom de blog that I came up with for commenting on non-political things. There's no deep reason for the name, it just came to me in an e.c. segar-inspired flash. It's a goofy name and I like it- I don't indulge in flaming or trolling so my conscience is clean, although you did make me feel guilty about "ya"!
Also, I would add these books:
The Idiot by Dostoyevsky
The World of Late Antiquity by Peter Brown
At 5:16 AM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
but you do know who oily pete is?
At 12:33 PM,
Anonymous said…
Is Oily Pete the name of some person or charcter?
If so, I didn't know- like I said, the moniker just came to me when I hesitated to sign my own name on some other person's blog, because there were some real trolls in the comments section that I took exception to.
Who IS the other Oily Pete?
Why Karenina? Stay away from the rails, please!
At 2:29 PM,
LEAH FRANCES said…
look it up oily pete. i did, and i think the implications of your name may have been one of the reasons i was such a jackass about your first "ya" comment (just so you know the impression you may be giving).
Post a Comment
<< Home