that girl }}


With the philosophy that every part may be her big chance, Ann makes a valiant effort to learn to roller-skate to get a part in a soft-drink (called Twinkie) commercial.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

how could i not post this?

my favorite review of my new zine, so far:

Hey you lap-wriggling, plucky, panty-droppin’,
PONY-scribin’ princess… I just
wanted to acknowledge (and thank you) for the fact
that I am officially in receipt of the “glorified
fliers” that are the debut PONY issue. You were
correct – you do have a kick-ass art department and
the `zine in general is a hot and worthy read. I look
forward to being a future contributor. Let me know if
you need more – music-related is my niche but I am
also up for other assignments (art, film,
ass-spanking, et al). I even really dig the
stationery! Send more of those (blanks, natch) please.
Only disappointment about the magazine was – no foxy
four-eyed photos of you (hey, alliteration is
sexy, no?)

RANDOM FACT ABOUT ME: i enjoy a good bendy straw. you don't get them everywhere, but when you do, it's an extra little treat.

8 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What is PONY and how do I get a copy?

     
  • At 1:58 PM, Blogger LEAH FRANCES said…

    it is a little zine i just put out. are you in NY?

     
  • At 2:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, in Brooklyn (dumbo).

     
  • At 3:07 AM, Blogger LEAH FRANCES said…

    hmmm... so far i think it may be in beacon's closet, williamsburg, and in the flying saucer cafe, on atlantic near faltbush-- atlantic/ pacific subway stop. hard to say. distribution has been iffy. next time though-- october, will be everywhere. we sent them out all across the globe this time, so they are spread quite thin. also, i somewhat placed us at the mercy of our contributors. it really is a zine though, so don't be disappointed.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have no expectations, so dissappointment is not possible, I will be over in Boerum Hill later today, so I will stop by Flying Saucer (nevins & 3rd?) and pick one up.

     
  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger LEAH FRANCES said…

    494 atlantic

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can play music on a bendy straw. My specialty is "Flight of the Bumblebee".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home